Please nominate an individual that embodies the unique qualities of Dick Jevon, who remains an Honorary Board Member of NAMI Southwestern Pennsylvania. The nominee should:
- Exhibit leadership abilities and a passion for mental health.
- Have a compassionate spirit, a desire to help others.
- Champion improvements to the mental health system.
- Promote acceptance and understanding as a way of life.
- Believe that recovery is possible for those affected by mental illness.
- Strive to eliminate stigma.
- Embrace Dick Jevon’s words of advice, “Always Have Hope!”
The nominee can be an individual living with a mental illness, a family member or loved one, a mental health professional, or anyone who tries to improve the lives of those affected by mental illness. The nominee must live in one of the 10 counties served by NAMI Southwestern Pennsylvania: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington or Westmoreland.This is not a cash award but an acknowledgment in the form of a beautiful trophy, a framed certificate and public recognition as an advocate who is part of NAMI’s education movement to end stigma, to change society’s attitude and to create a culture of knowledge and understanding about mental illness.
The deadline to nominate is Friday, March 6. The award will be presented on April 11 at NAMI Southwestern Pennsylvania's 15th Annual Education Conference at the Pittsburgh Airport Marriott. Return this nomination form to NAMI along with the nominee's bio by March 6. Questions ?Contact Darcey Garda at (412) 366-3788 ext. 123 or email@example.com.