The countdown is on to the end of the Health Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment period for 2015.
On Feb. 15 - less than one month from today - open enrollment for 2015 health insurance coverage ends. If you need health insurance or want to change your plan, visit healthcare.gov now to get started. Don't wait until the last minute.
Here are some things to know to get you started:
· Help is Available. If you have questions or are having trouble enrolling, get the answers and help you need from one of MHA's Health Insurance Marketplace Navigators. Call 1-855-274-5626 (toll free) or contact a Navigator serving your region of Pennsylvania.
· You can compare plans and prices before enrolling. You can explore your options, based on your budget, before you apply here.
· You may be eligible for CHIP or Medicaid. Your family might be eligible for the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) or Medicaid, which covers doctor's visits, prescriptions, and immunizations. Learn more here.
· You can change plans for 2015. No matter what plan you had in 2014, you can change plans - even if you were enrolled automatically for 2015, and even after your new coverage has started. Learn about changing plans here.
· There's a fee for not enrolling. If you don't have qualifying health coverage, you may need to pay a fee with your federal tax return or get a health coverage exemption. Learn more here.
· Gather information ahead of time. To apply for insurance you will need the following: Name, birthdate, social security number, and income information for yourself and all family members needing coverage.