Monday, February 9, 2009

From Our Director Chris Michaels

My work is a big part of who I am, but the biggest part of who I am is my family. My closest immediate family circle is my husband Damien, my parents, my children and their spouses, and my six grandchildren (pictured with me below) with another grand-daughter Abigail May coming in March.

My youngest son, Corey, was 31 years old on Friday, Feb. 6. So we all got together on Sunday for dinner and birthday cake. Check out me and my baby.
In raising my children, I tried hard to instill the importance of family and making every effort to attend family gatherings. I usually bribe them with food. Lasagna is the standard birthday dinner.

Did I mention that I am a Steelers fan? Part of my Steelers Tree can be seen in this photo of my grand-daughter Courtney holding her basketball trophy. When the Steelers are in the Playoffs, we convert our Christmas tree into a Steelers tree. Alas, Steelers football must end for now, but "Oh how sweet it was this year!"

--Chris Michaels
Executive Director
NAMI Southwestern PA